- Nevada Bar - Admitted October, 1985
- McGeorge School of Law - Sacramento, CA - Juris Doctor - June 1985
- University of Nevada, Reno - Bachelor of Arts - August, 1977
HONORS AND ACTIVITIES:
- 1991-Present Private practice - civil and criminal caseload; Priority for women and children's issues. Pro bono representation of abused children and the Carson Tigersharks Swim Team.
- 1987-1991 Carson City District Attorney - Prosecutor - Felony and misdemeanor caseload. Promoted to Chief Criminal Deputy - train and supervise attorneys - complex criminal caseload.
- 1986-1987: Reno City Attorney - Prosecutor - Misdemeanors and civil caseload.
- 1985-1986: Washoe County District Court - Law Clerk/Bailiff, Judge Charles M. McGee. Research for civil, criminal and family law matters.
- 2001-present: Stroke and Turn Official, USSA
- 2001-2002: Galilee Fundraising Foundation Directors
- 2002-2004: CASA Board of Directors
SUPREME COURT CASES
- 1999: Soroptomist Award, Woman of Distinction
- 1999-2001: President, Carson Treatment Center Board of Directors
- 1998: Trainer Domestic Violence, Carson City Sheriff Deputies
- 1996-1998: Vice President Carson Treatment Center Board
- 1992-Present: Classroom parent, Member PTA
- 1992-Present: Member Carson City Chamber of Commerce
- 1991-Present: Member of the Nevada Trial Lawyers Association
- 1991-Present: Appointed Pro Tem Justice of the Peace for Carson City
- 1990-1998: Elected and re-elected to Carson City School Board. Special Areas: Reading Program Personnel, hiring Women Administrators, Alternative High School, Tech Center, Bond projects.
Schmanski v. Schmanski, 115 Nev. Adv. Op. No. 36 August 27, 1999
(click here to read). This case was about separate property and community property assets where comingling is present.
Edgington v. Edgington, 80 P.3d 1282, 1290, 119 Nev. Adv. Rep. 62, test at fn. 30 (2003), (click here to read) states that attorney fees must be awarded when a parent has child support arrearages.
Weddell v. Weddell (click here to read) is a parental rights over grandparents rights case where parents can deny grandparent visitation.